Trans Hudson Brokerage LLC (“THB”)
Effective Date: 10/1/2020
This Policy is effective as of 10/1/2020 (the “Effective Date”).
Privacy Notice Changes
This Policy will be reviewed and updated, if required at a minimum of every 12 months.
THB encourages visitors to frequently check this page for any changes to its Privacy Notice. If we make changes, we will revise the Effective Date at the top of this statement, and we may provide additional notice such as on the THB website homepage, or via the email address we have on file for you.
What We Collect and How We Use the Personal Information
THB may collect Personal Data in the course of our normal business activities, as detailed below.
THB collects, uses, stores and processes Personal Data, which is data that identifies, relates to, describes, or can reasonably be associated with a particular person. For all data subjects, this can include:
- •Identifiers: Identifying information including name, postal or e-mail address, and phone or fax number, social security numbers, driver’s license numbers, biometric information.
- •Personal Information: Names, signatures, Social Security Numbers, addresses, government identification documents, financial information such as bank account, credit or debit card information, health insurance information, education information.
- •Business contact information including as job title, department and name of organization, business address, e-mail address, mobile telephone number.
- •Usernames and passwords used to access internal THB network resources.
- •Website visitor activity including IP address, the identity of the Internet service provider, the name and version of the operating system, the name and version of the browser, the date and time of the visit, the pages visited. This data may be aggregated such that the individual identities have been removed.
- •Biometric information: Genetic, physiological, behavioral, biological characteristics, activity patterns, fingerprints, eye scans, health or exercise data.
- •Geolocation information: Physical location, movements, and mobile device unique identifier.
- •Financial information including as financial account information used for payment purposes and/or information that may be contained in a consumer report, bank account information.
- •Contact information for referrals.
- •Employment information: Employment history, employee number, performance appraisals, salary and benefits, healthcare information, emergency contact information.
- •Protected class information: Age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, disability information, sex, genetic information, military or veteran status.
THB’s services are not directed to persons under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that their child has provided us with personal information without the parent’s consent, they should contact us at [email protected]. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete the information from our records.
How We Collect Information
• When you visit our website, we may collect information about your visit.
• Directly from clients, contractors, sub-contractors, vendors, employees, and job applicants.
• From third parties including contractors, sub-contractors, government agencies
Why We Collect It
We collect personal information to conduct our business activities. THB collects only the minimum amount of personal data required to fulfill these activities. These activities include:
• Executing business activities, including completing our services.
• Conducting marketing and promotional activities, including responding to inquiries about THB products or services, providing offers and information (as permitted by law) about products, services, or events offered by THB.
• Improving the functionality, security, and usability of THB’s website.
• Security, including monitoring log-in portals for access, validating identity, and preventing fraud.
• Fulfilling a legal or contractual obligation.
• Managing employee relationships, including the administration of benefits.
• Processing job applications, including background investigations.
• Validating identity for security to allow access to THB premises.
• Complying with applicable laws or regulations.
THB will not use the personal data it collects for purposes other than those described above without notifying data subjects identified by the data.
How We Share the Information
We use the information you have given us in order to conduct business activities.
THB may share this information with:
- •THB or other entities controlled by or under common control with THB, including all affiliated entities using the THB® mark
- •Service providers
- •Contractors or sub-contractors
- •Federal, state, and local government authorities
For the purposes of:
- •Fulfilling THB’s commercial, contractual, legal, and regulatory obligations.
- •Responding to subpoenas, court orders, or other legally required requests by government authorities, and to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- •Investigating illegal activities, suspected fraud, or as otherwise required by law or government rules and regulations. Centralizing THB’s administrative, IT maintenance, and IT security practices.
- •Providing information about THB products, services, or events.
Any third-party that receives personal information from THB may only process the information in accordance with applicable data processing agreements or contracts terms which require the third-party to protect the data and process it in a manner consistent with applicable privacy laws, regulations and THB’s policies and practices.
THB’s websites may provide links to other third-party websites that are outside of THB’s control and not covered by this Policy. THB is not responsible for the availability, content, or accuracy of third-party policies, nor is it responsible for the privacy practices of other websites, products, services, or goods that may be linked to THB’s websites. THB encourages all users of its websites to review the privacy policies posted on these (and all) sites.
How We Store Your Information
THB takes the responsibility of keeping your information secure.
The security measures THB uses vary based on the sensitivity of the personal information we collect, process, and store, and the current state of technology. We also take measures to ensure service providers that process personal data on our behalf also have appropriate security measures.
THB retains Personal Data in accordance with its Document Retention Policy unless a longer retention period is required or not prohibited by applicable law.
If you have consented to the processing of your Personal Data (“opt-in”), THB will retain and process your Personal Data until you withdraw your consent (“opt-out”), unless the Personal Data must be kept for applicable legal, government authority administrative or regulatory purposes.
If THB has not received your opt-in, THB will delete your Personal Data once the purpose of the collection and processing of such Personal Data has been fulfilled and the adequate duration for documentation and backup storage of such Personal Data has lapsed.
Data is securely destroyed or disposed once it is no longer necessary to retain the data.
Your Data Protection Rights
You have certain rights for the collection, use, or dissemination of your personal.
Your Individual Data Subject Rights
Right to request access to data
You have the right to ask for copies of your Personal Data.
Right to correction
You have the right to request correction of your Personal Data.
Right to deletion
You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Data.
Right to opt-out of communications
You have the right to opt-out from marketing communications. We provide an unsubscribe link in certain marketing communications. You may also request to opt-out of marketing communications via the data subject rights request process.
How to Submit a Data Subject Rights Request
You may exercise your data subject rights using any of the following methods:
Emailing [email protected].
Calling our toll-free number at 855-214-7481
Mailing the request to the Privacy Officer at THB, 250 Pehle Avenue, Suite 311, Saddle Brook, NJ 07663.
We will verify your identity prior to completing these requests. Please provide sufficient information in your request for us to be able to reasonably locate our records about you and what actions you are requesting we take with regards to your data.
How we will respond to your data subject rights request
THB will respond as described below.
THB will deliver the required information within thirty (30) days of a verifiable request, and you will receive notification if THB will need an additional thirty (30) days to respond.
THB will provide response to requests for access to data in a written, readily usable format for data portability and free of charge to the consumer after THB receives a valid request.
You will receive your requested information either by your account, electronically, or via mail.
THB will not provide you with specific pieces of personal information if the disclosure would create a substantial, and reasonable risk to the security of the personal information, your account with the business, or the security of THB’s systems or networks.
THB will notify you when data has been deleted.
There may be circumstances where THB must deny your verified request because of a conflict with state law, federal law, government authority rules and regulations or an exception to applicable privacy laws. If THB must deny a request accordingly, you will be informed and given the basis for the denial. If the request is denied in part, THB will disclose only the part of your request which has not been denied.
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
HIPAA provides guidelines with respect to the use and handling of Protected Health Information (PHI) and electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI). THB’s process and procedures regarding the use and handling of PHI and ePHI are compliant with HIPAA.
To see our policy on Cookies, click here.
How to Contact Us
If you have any concerns or questions about anything in this Privacy Notice, please get in touch with us.
This website is owned and operated by THB.
We are registered in the State of New Jersey.
Our principal place of business is:
Trans Hudson Brokerage LLC
250 Pehle Avenue, Suite 311
Saddle Brook, NJ 07663
Chief Privacy Officer contact information:
By email at: [email protected]
By telephone toll-free at: 855-214-7480
You can also contact us:
By regular mail, at:
Trans Hudson Brokerage LLC
250 Pehle Avenue, Suite 311
Saddle Brook, NJ 07663