Sticking with the Client for the Long-Haul Instills Confidence and Results
Barbara Lubben, Director of Risk Management, Alameda County
As California’s seventh largest county, a program was underwritten to accommodate four projects and an estimated project volume of $158 million.
- Marketing and placement of major insurance lines including
- General liability
- Workers compensation
- Excess liability
- Go-to-market on pollution and professional liability insurance
- Risk assessment and risk management services for bidding and preconstruction & on-going risk analysis for the entire program
- Project site logistics
- Environmental and hazard materials exposures
- Project constructability risks
- Contractual risk transfer
Through a strong, organized program, all project contract documents were aligned, language was clear and all county protocols followed thereby resulting in the first two projects bid without and OCIP protests.
Worked directly with a smaller contractor to meet OCIP Safety Standards through education, training and supervision, resulting in the contractor feeling much more confident in terms of safety.
By sticking with our client through thick and think, learning about their needs from their perspective and leaning on our expertise and proven track record, this program is now approaching year 2 of operation, working toward the enrollment of a 2nd project ($98M) with no claims reported and project administration running very smoothly.